Project 1: Map Projections
For this task, you should demonstrate your ability to explain site and situation factors of an area and the differences between map projections.
Part 1: Project
1. Select a country you would like to focus on for this project
2. Visit the following site: http://projections.mgis.psu.edu/
3. Select a projection, and set the parameters to zoom into your country.
4. Right-click on the image, and save it so you can access it later.
5. Repeat this process with two other projections.
Part 2: Analyze
Answer the following questions in a Word document:
Part 3: Publish
Open up your Project 1 page, and import your projections and responses to the questions. While this is not an art project, you should create a page that is easy to read and navigate.
Create and identify three projections of your selected country 15 points
Answer the six analysis questions 25 points
Create an aesthetically pleasing, easily accessible webpage, on time 10 points